Specialization and professional profile Studies at the Faculty of Science
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Studies at the Faculty of Science
Specialization and professional profile
The INTERNATIONAL MASTER IN SUSTAINABLE FISHERIES MANAGEMENT provides students with high-level specialization in fisheries management enabling them to take on technical responsibilities in the sector and develop top-level scientific research.
The Master provides high-level specialization in fisheries management through:
- An analysis of the fisheries system, its exploitation, marketing and management mechanisms, with emphasis on the evaluation of resources and the economic interpretation of the fisheries issues in the Mediterranean, an area where effort-based management is required due to the diversity of species and fleets and the fragmented ownership of fishing vessels.
- A multidisciplinary vision of fisheries management from the perspective of various sciences such as biology, economics, law and sociology.
- Acquisition of experience in the use of new techniques and methods which lead to a more efficient fisheries management better adapted to social and environmental factors.
The Master provides a degree of specialization that qualifies students to develop top-level scientific research both in public and private centres and in multidisciplinary training and, in particular:
- Experience in the use of statistical techniques and experimental design.
- Initiation to research through critical application of the knowledge, capacities and skills acquired in order to address real problems related with the study of marine resources and management.
- The necessary training to access doctorate programmes.