Application and admissions profile Studies at the Faculty of Science
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Studies at the Faculty of Science
Application and admissions profile
- Application and admissions profile in the Master's Course in Materials Science
To be considered for admission to the Master's Course in Materials Science at the University of Alicante, applicants should hold one of the following:
- An officially recognised Spanish Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- A Degree or Engineering qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related areas, obtained according to the course programmes in existence prior to the enactment of RD 1393/2007.
- An official university qualification issued by a higher education institution forming part of the European Higher Education Area, equivalent to the qualifications indicated in points 1 and 2 above, and which qualifies the holder for admittance to a Master's Degree in the issuing country.
- A non-homologated qualification from abroad, accrediting a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university qualifications indicated in points 1 and 2 above, and which qualifies the holder for admittance to a Master’s Degree in the issuing country.
- Homologation and declaration of Equivalence of Qualifications and foreign studies of higher education.
- Convalidations and adaptations of foreign studies of higher education.
- SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission requirements will be established by the Master's Academic Commission (Rule on official titles of Máster University of the University of Alicante). Among others, one of its tasks will be to select the admitted students.
In the case of students with special learning needs related to a disability, the admission systems and procedures will include the appropriate support and counselling services, which will evaluate the possibility of the student needing an adapted curriculum or alternative routes or studies. Among others, one of its tasks will be to select the admitted students.
- MERIT-ASSESSMENT CRITERIA (SCORES)
The weighting of the criteria for admission to the event that demand exceeds supply are as follows:
- 90%: Certification and record in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Materials Engineering, and related areas to be defined by the Academic Committee.
- 10 %:other merits (English, collaborative scholarship, research collaborations, etc.).
Special admission tests are not considered.